Frequently Asked Questions



1. When is your office open?

The answer depends on the time of the year:

February 15 – May 1 is High Tax Season

May 2 – June 15 is Regular Tax Season

June 16 – February 4 is Off Season.

Click client support for our hours of operation.



2. What documents do I need to bring to get my income tax return?


Typically, you need all receipts for your income, such as T4, T4A, T4(OAS), T4(RSP) T3, T5, T5018, etc. You should also bring your T2202A if you paid tuition fees. Other information required includes:

  • Medical expense receipts
  • Rent / Property Tax
  • Donation receipts
  • Child care expenses
  • Spouse’s or common-law partner's income information (if applicable)
  • Notice of Assessment from previous tax year (in order to
    get the RRSP, TFSA, and tuition limits)

This is just a brief list. If you have complicated forms of income
(such as capital gains, investment property, or business income)
give us a call first.





1. What happens if I file my taxes late?


If you owe income taxes, you will be charged

  • 5% of the balance owing
  • 1% of the balance owing, each month, up to 12 months

The penalty will be higher if you have filed late in any of the
past 3 years!


2. How long should I keep my income tax records?


Generally speaking, the CRA says you should keep your income
tax returns, tax receipts, and Notices of Assessment for 6 years.
We recommend at least 7 years, especially for tax shelter and
capital loss situations.


3. How do I change my address with the CRA?


A. Call 1-877-627-6645

B. Go to My Account

C. Write a letter to the CRA at:


Sudbury Tax Centre

1050 Notre Dame Avenue

Sudbury ON P3A 5C1


Make sure to include your old address and your new address.

Mississauga: 702 Burnhamthope Rd. - Mississauga, L4Y 2X3 - Phone: 905.949.9988 - Fax: 905.949.2965
Bloor: 2290 Bloor St. West - Toronto, M6S 1N9 - Phone: 416.769.4558 - Fax: 416.769.2905
© 2024 TORONTO TAXTRONIX SYSTEM. All Rights Reserved.